^

Themabewertung:
  • 99 Bewertung(en) - 2.43 im Durchschnitt
first time fritz!box and gvshome configuration
hello people, I am not able to speak Deutsch , and the instructions
given in the apartment for the fritz!box 7530 router and GVShome box are only in Deutsch.
I want to be able to control the gvshome box from my win10 browser , at first
when inside the apartment, then later from outside the apartment.

This is a newly built apartment, all controlled by GVShome, and also the first time
the apartment is rented, so the GVShome configuration is first time user.

In the apartment there is a working wifi connection  
provided via a fritz!box 7530 router with fiber connection, and internet is working correctly
from my microsoft-windows-10 laptop which sees the wifi as a private network.

There is also a GVShome box in the apartment, it is wired
into the fritz!box router with an ethernet cable.

In my Win10 browser, the web-interface to the fritz!box router shows that the gvshome is active on the lan and I can see the ip4 address of the gvshome box.
fritz!box web interface shows :
GVShome , 192.168.178.31, sharing HTTP-Server, port assigned externally ip4 80,
independent port sharing: 0 enabled.

On my laptop, if I browse to either:
https://192.168.178.31/LCNGVS
or http://192.168.178.31/LCNGVS
the result is a timeout (the server at 192.168.178.31 is taking too long to respond)
Also my Win10 laptop cannot ping the gvshome box (timeout) on the same network.

If I attach a VGA screen and usb-keyboard/mouse directly to the gvshome computer,
and login as user lcn, then on the windows-10 destop of gvshome I can open the
"LCN-GVS aufrufen" and it opens (via localhost) and seems to be operating
and the network connection shows as activated.
The gvshome computer (it runs win10) can ping the router OK, but it cannot ping (timeout)
my laptop or other devices on the same subnet.

Any advice?
This sounds like a problem on the network. Check the IPs and adjust them if necessary.
Is DHCP being used?
I would also check if the PC can be reached in the network, alternatively just start the network troubleshooter.
If both devices are connected via WIFI to the router, please check in Fritz Box/ WLAN Settings the checkbox "Allow communication between WLAN devices" if it is checked. Otherwise there will be no communication between WLAN Laptop and WLAN GVS.
Alles ist erlernbar
Das fällt raus:
There is also a GVShome box in the apartment, it is wired
into the fritz!box router with an ethernet cable.
(13.04.2022, 11:26)SB schrieb: This sounds like a problem on the network. Check the IPs and adjust them if necessary.
Is DHCP being used?
I would also check if the PC can be reached in the network, alternatively just start the network troubleshooter.

Thank you for the replies. I do not have a solution yet.

Seems there is some isolation between the wired (gvsbox) and wireless (laptop) devices.

Ip4 address of gvsbox is 192.168.178.31
Ip4 address of laptop is 192.168.178.35
Both have the same subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

What else can I check for the networking configuration?

The fritzbox router has "The active wireless devices displayed below may communicate with each other" ticked on enabled, so AP-isolation is not active. But that should only be relevant if both devices used WiFi, which they do not.

The fritzbox router has "WiFi > Guest Access" not configured , I think this means Net-Isolation is not active.

I need to find an extra ethernet cable and wire the laptop into the router to compare the behaviour, in this case both devices are on the wired network.
check your network settings in the PC and router, that's where the problem will be. It is not the fault of the GVS.
The problem is resolved with help from DNS:NET  (the supplier of the FTTH-ONT in the apartment,  fiber optic connection).

The cause of the problem was that DNS:NET  pre-configured the fritzbox without the required VLAN-ID=37 for their network.  

This causes the fritzbox to behave as a cascaded-router with the fritzbox firewall enabled that prevents all local devices from seeing each other .

After  that VLAN-ID 37 is correctly configured in the fritzbox, and the fritzbox switched off for some time, and restarted, then all works correctly and devices on the local network can see each other as expected,  and the gvshome box is visible from other workstations.
glad to hear!

Bitte beachten Sie, dass neue Beiträge in diesem Forum von einem Moderator freigeschaltet werden müssen, bevor sie sichtbar werden.
[-]
Schnellantwort
Nachricht
Geben Sie hier Ihre Antwort zum Beitrag ein.

Bestätigung
Bitte den Code im Bild in das Feld eingeben. Dies ist nötig, um automatisierte Spambots zu stoppen.
Bestätigung
(Keine Beachtung von Groß- und Kleinschreibung)

Gehe zu: